ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Adding back an Ignore Thread feature?

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
Something that may need fixing: One of the minor frustrations of the new DC Forum regime for me is that, where I had blocked someone from sending me PMs (Personal Messages) under the old regime, their forum posts are now being automatically blocked under the new regime, accompanied by the standard comment "You are ignoring this user", or something
--- End quote ---

oh i had no idea that was the case.. that's strange.

it's hard for me to imagine needing to block someone from sending you a pm on this forum -- if there's anyone sending repeated pm messages we should be banning them..

exjoburger:
That might be useful on (very) rare occasions.

mouser:
Ignore (and bookmark/rate) topic mod has now been ported to the new forum -- and improved in the process.

Your old ignored topics and bookmarks from the old forum should still be in place.

Let me know any bugs you find.

mouser:
You can MARK threads to ignore/bookmark from the "MARK TOPIC" button at the top (and bottom) of a thread you are reading.
You can manage your marked (bookmarks, ignored) topics from the link at the bottom of the GOTO menu, or from a new menu in your profile area.

A reminder:

Ignored topics are hidden only from the recent/unread lists -- not when simply browsing a specific forum section.

Tuxman:
So I'm thinking I may add back the Ignore Thread feature.
-mouser (May 15, 2016, 09:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

I could need a "Ignore threads by a certain user" feature, effectively hiding all threads (regardless of how many people answered) by certain users.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version