ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Good or bad password?

(1/3) > >>

tsaint:
First, thanks in advance to any or all responders.. I'll read with interest the comments but probably not add anything to the discussion.
Also, hope it won't engender the controversy my last question caused!!
Q: Is "Remember to pay gas Aug 14" a good, as in secure, password? I know it's good as in useability because I can hide it in plain sight (eg google calendar)
Thanks
Tony

mouser:
that's an excellent password (pass phrase).
theoretically would be improved if you mispelled a word or otherwise made it ungrammatical.

wraith808:
obligatory link to xkcd

Target:
the difficulty here is that everyone remembers 'correct horse battery staple' and probably always will, but most of us still can't remember our own passwords (or where we put our car keys...)

wraith808:
the difficulty here is that everyone remembers 'correct horse battery staple' and probably always will, but most of us still can't remember our own passwords (or where we put our car keys...)
-Target (May 11, 2016, 09:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Since I switched to a passphrase for some things, I remember those better, and it's natural.  I usually now try to actually make a phrase instead of just stringing words together.  One that I do quite a bit is make the password a question, and the password reminder the answer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version