ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Amazon: clicking 'Unhelpful' on Customer Review now has NO effect

<< < (4/6) > >>

nosh:
It would also help to highlight the few sellers who are actually selling authentic products if users could link them to positive reviews.

4wd:
Sure, you want to protect other people from being cheated, but there is (as you know) a place to review the seller themselves, and I imagine that people check this for anything that's not Prime (I know I do).-CWuestefeld (May 02, 2016, 01:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly, I check this more than I check the product reviews since for the items I buy on Amazon, a fake generally tends to stand out, (eg. any 128GB MicroSD <US$25).  I want to know if the item has a very good chance of being delivered in one piece or at all.

CWuestefeld:
if the product you get is a knock-off, it is fair enough to review it as such
-tomos (May 02, 2016, 02:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
The net effect of this is that all Rolex watches will have crap reviews and ratings, since there's such a high proportion of counterfeits. At this point, reviews will stop having meaning for goods that are frequently copied.

I'm standing by my statement that you should only post reviews for the ACTUAL product posted. Anything else corrupts the information in the reviews.

GSz:
Interesting thread, there is actually a tool to clear-out 'low quality' reviews and weed-out commissioned-reviews: fakespot.com

While it might not be visible on the default site's display-style, fakespot utilized data received by APIs so I assume it will take into account those negative votes on reviews.

Hope this helps.

tomos:
if the product you get is a knock-off, it is fair enough to review it as such
-tomos (May 02, 2016, 02:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
The net effect of this is that all Rolex watches will have crap reviews and ratings, since there's such a high proportion of counterfeits. At this point, reviews will stop having meaning for goods that are frequently copied.

I'm standing by my statement that you should only post reviews for the ACTUAL product posted. Anything else corrupts the information in the reviews.
-CWuestefeld (May 03, 2016, 11:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

I understand your point completely. My problem though as a buyer, is to know this: what chance do I have of actually getting what is listed there as the product. Probably the best compromise I've seen was someone who got a fake (and didnt initially realise it was fake), returned it and then got the real thing; they then wrote a proper review for the advertised product, but also gave a big warning in the title that there was funny business going on. (They may have initially given a poor review and then edited it.)

Another aspect to the 'amazon experience' is that amazon do not easily facilitate correction of information given for a product. Information is often false; often contradictory -- sometimes downright misleading. And there are often many different listings for exactly the same product, but some buyers appear to want to list their product separately, often at exorbitant prices. All these 'little' things are adding up for me to more and more of a negative experience. Which I guess is the reason I started the thread:
it's looking to me like that amazon is caring less and less about the buyer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version