ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Amazon: clicking 'Unhelpful' on Customer Review now has NO effect

<< < (3/6) > >>

nosh:
Isn't that the point?

--- End quote ---

It could help, yes. But a better approach would be to let us flag the seller in the product review too. There should be a straightforward way to identify the rotten apple, why should you have to source the info out by contacting other users? It just takes more time and effort and leaves things to chance.

In this case I was assured by Amazon that the seller would be banned but he was up and working in a few weeks time. I've left the product review on because though it's a known seller now, the product (Otterbox Defender) is facing rampant counterfeiting. It's so bad that there are complaints even for the "ships and sold by Amazon" listings.

CWuestefeld:
A seller sold me a fake phone case a few months back
-nosh (May 01, 2016, 07:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Why bother putting your fake phone in a case?  ;)

But seriously...
My review was rejected repeatedly till I removed the seller's identity.
-nosh (May 01, 2016, 07:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

This sounds like Amazon did the correct thing. A product review is a product review, NOT a seller review. The fact that a particular seller sent to you a counterfeit of a real product does not affect the goodness of the *real* product. I realize that you checked that nobody else is selling this product - just the bad guy. But what about tomorrow? The way Amazon models the data is that products are products, independent of the seller, but you're trying to record seller information there. Sure, you want to protect other people from being cheated, but there is (as you know) a place to review the seller themselves, and I imagine that people check this for anything that's not Prime (I know I do).

kunkel321:
I complained to Amazon about the incident and checked the listing for the phone case just out of curiosity, it was being sold by another seller whom I've bought from several times and know to be honest. So my negative review was directly affecting their sales.-nosh (May 01, 2016, 07:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Isn't that the point?

It dissuades sellers from selling fake goods no matter who they are.  Unless they state that the item is a copy/non-genuine in the description, exactly how honest are they ?
-4wd (May 01, 2016, 11:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
A similar thing happened to me.  My favorite pocket knife is the Victorinox Swiss Tinker Deluxe. Saw it for a really good price so I ordered it.  The item that arrived was a cheap knock-off, not the item in the description.  Kindof interesting, because it was clearly designed to look like a real Victorinox -- even had their logo.  But it was absolute junk.  The seller, chawi, gave me the run-around.  Amazon made good on the refund, so that was cool.  Anyway, same deal, I submitted a product review indicating than the product in the picture is awesome, but chawi is crooked.  Amazon wouldn't accept the review, because it mentioned the seller.  Though they did, later, give me a chance to write a review of the seller too.

nosh:
I imagine that people check this for anything that's not Prime (I know I do).

--- End quote ---

I can't imagine most shoppers doing this. In any case, it's something I've learned the hard way to do in the future.

tomos:
I can see both sides here -- if the product you get is a knock-off, it is fair enough to review it as such. It's the product you get: it's the product you review. I dont see why it is to amazon's disadvantage if a dodgy seller is also mentioned in the review: we the buyers then know who to avoid if we want to get a good product. I'll buy quicker if I know dodgy sellers are named and shamed.
And yeah, I would certainly check the seller's rating (%) as well when buying, (and try to figure out where the product is coming from).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version