ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

System tray notification of remote computer status

<< < (3/4) > >>

c.gingerich:
Finished round 1 - http://cl.ly/0q3s1H0J2y2S

Here is a quick video showing how it works - http://cl.ly/1p0J0r3z0K39

--- ---This application is to notify users when the "server" (system running NNServer.exe) has been idle for "X" number of minutes. The default time is set to 15 minutes.

How to:
Put the NNClient.exe and the NNServer.exe in the same location somewhere on a server on a network accessible by anyone that needs notified and the user that will be running the NNServer.exe.

For example, the server is set to the drive letter F:. Put the EXE files somewhere like F:\NNApps. Make sure the folder is properly mapped on each system that will need access to the EXE files.

Run NNServer.exe on the user’s system that will be the "server" for the notifications.

Run NNClient.exe on any system that needs to be notified. When the server has been idle for the set amount of time, the RED dot in the system tray will change to GREEN.

javadecaf:
Can't believe you cooked that up so quickly AND made a video! :Thmbsup: Thanks a bunch and will get back to you after I try it out!

javadecaf:
And it's working...it's working.. :-[ this is going to be really helpful, thanks a lot! I do have a couple of questions about it; I'd like to send you a private message if that's OK.

mouser:
I LOVE reading threads like this -- it's wonderful to see someone get some help and a new utility created.

Allow me a brief annoying reminder to everyone that part of what this site is about is sending a little donation to people whose work you want to encourage.  That goes for anyone reading this thread -- if you like to see things like this continue, then send a few bucks c.gingerich's direction by clicking on the $ beneath his name above!  :Thmbsup:

c.gingerich:
Thanks mouser  :D Was fun making it.

@javadecaf Yes, you sure can send me a private message. I'll answer any questions to the best of my ability.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version