ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Win 10: the terrible CompatTelRunner is back!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Curt:
Hopefully we'll fix the issues you are experiencing.-Blackbird Dev (April 30, 2016, 04:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

^  yes, hopefully.

Solving the case was made difficult because of Windows' huge update, making me not know who the sinner was. So far it *seems* it was QTTabbar, but I won't know for sure just yet. However, I think it's safe to say, Blackbird was not to blame.

-----------
after-edit:

Finally I have found the culprit. (...); ALL the problems went away when I replaced Outpost 9.2 with Outpost 9.3 from April 28'th.
Problem solved. Blackbird is okay   :up:  and so is Outpost 9.3
-Curt (May 06, 2016, 03:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

harrison3001:
Found a couple of solutions, via permissions (on page 2), and via Group Policy Editor, please refer to this link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/disabling-windows-compatability-telemetry/f1437548-84ae-4421-9a07-45feb17cab86?page=3

Curt:
^ thank you, harrison3001 - and Welcome here!  :up:

Found a couple of solutions, via permissions (on page 2), and via Group Policy Editor, please refer to this link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/disabling-windows-compatability-telemetry/f1437548-84ae-4421-9a07-45feb17cab86?page=3
-harrison3001 (November 21, 2016, 08:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
To disable Windows Compatibility Telemetry, kindly follow these steps:

On the search box, type services and press Enter to open the Services desktop app.
    Stop the Diagnostics Tracking Service and change the Startup Type to Disabled.

(click pic, to enlarge)
Win 10: the terrible CompatTelRunner is back!

Additionally, you can use PowerShell to stop the Diagnostics Tracking Service and change the Startup Type to disabled. To do so, open PowerShell and run these commands:

stop-service diagtrack
set-service diagtrack -startuptype disabled-windows forum
--- End quote ---

kaushalmalkan11:
Prevent CompatTelTunner.exe From Running In Windows

   Press the Windows key and then search for Task Scheduler.
   Open Task Scheduler.
   Navigate to the following address below:
   Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Application Experience
   There would be three tasks on the list. You need to choose “Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser”, right-click on it and select the “Disable” option.
   Reboot your Windows computer and see if you are having High CPU issue or not.

I hope this solves your issue. You can read more about other methods if this one doesn't work for you. This answer from Microsoft might be handy as well.

Curt:
^ thank you, young man (18! I'm green from envy), and welcome here at DC!

The TelRunner problem was solved back then, 1½ year ago, using Blackbird. Blackbird is apparently not updated any more, but it was really fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version