ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Custom dice for board games, etc.

<< < (2/6) > >>

Stoic Joker:
I could just go with white dice with a single (but unique) color on each face.-Deozaan (April 26, 2016, 11:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you're willing to use stickers, why not just get some medium - to any - size labels, print what you want on them (including face/background color), and then trim them to size for the die face.

MilesAhead:
I could just go with white dice with a single (but unique) color on each face.-Deozaan (April 26, 2016, 11:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you're willing to use stickers, why not just get some medium - to any - size labels, print what you want on them (including face/background color), and then trim them to size for the die face.

-Stoic Joker (April 27, 2016, 11:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

That sounds suspiciously like cheating to me man.

Heh heh.  The request made me think of Cosmic Wimpout

Deozaan:
When looking for specialty stickers, did you check your local copy/print-shop? They usually have a high-res color laser printer and sticker backings that would do just fine, for an acceptable price. :up:
-Ath (April 27, 2016, 03:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't checked any local brick-and-mortar places. I didn't think I knew of any local copy/print shops, but one just came to mind. Thanks for the suggestion!

If you're willing to use stickers, why not just get some medium - to any - size labels, print what you want on them (including face/background color), and then trim them to size for the die face.-Stoic Joker (April 27, 2016, 11:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is an option I have considered, but was hoping to not have the imprecision of cutting them out myself. If I could find some template stickers that were the right size/shape, it would be much preferable than having to cut them out myself. Another possible option would be to find a hole punch that would make it easier to punch out a sticker in the right size/shape.

Recently a company put out some dice with colored sides that you can remove and change -- designed to be useful for prototyping games:
http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/rattlebones-prototyping-dice
-mouser (April 27, 2016, 10:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Those look interesting, but still not quite right for what I want. I want the colors & designs on each face.

It's looking more and more like I'll be going the printing route.

Anyone know if 3D printers can do what I want? That would be cool.

EDIT: Looks like it's possible. Sort of. But that one looks like it can only do 3 colors at once.

I also found this which shows off a printer capable of printing up to 390,000 colors, but that seems to be a site for buying the printer itself. Who knows if I could find a place that would let me make a custom order from them without buying the printer, or how much it would cost for such an order?

Deozaan:
On the subject of stickers, I still need to check a local print shop, but I did find a couple places online that seem like they could do it:

For the USA: http://www.stickeryou.com/
For the UK: https://www.stickythings.co.uk/

Looks like StickerYou could possibly do it for about $10 while StickyThings can possibly do it for about £24.00.

I also went to a local print shop today and found out I can print out a 12"x18" sheet of label paper for ~$2.85 per sheet. I'm thinking that's probably what I'm going to do. Now I just need to figure out how to cut out the individual images from the sheet efficiently and accurately. I haven't had any luck finding a square hole punch at the size I'd need. I'm starting to consider if it would be worth it to build my own somehow.

Deozaan:
I guess I'm committed to the sticker method, as I just ordered some of these:

50 Blank White Dice 16MM

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version