ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Opera browser now comes with baked-in VPN

<< < (2/3) > >>

hamradio:
The stable 40.x release has the VPN now:

http://www.opera.com/blogs/desktop/2016/09/free-vpn-in-opera-browser-40/

I am waiting for the Portable version before trying it.  Mainly because I have legacy Opera 12.18 64 bit installed.  With the portable if I don't like it I can just delete the folder(most likely.)

-MilesAhead (September 21, 2016, 10:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you go into the options of the download I believe it has a "Stand-alone installation (USB)" option as seen below...

[ Invalid Attachment ]
-hamradio (September 21, 2016, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I hate it when they fake me out like that.  :)
Thanks.   :Thmbsup:

-MilesAhead (September 21, 2016, 04:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome and no problem glad I could help. :)

Note: Also I believe the developer installer also has that option if I remember correctly for those who want to try the latest builds.

MilesAhead:
Maybe you can help me with one other thing?  I decided to install only for myself rather than USB.  No matter what I do I cannot get more than 5 dials across in Speed Dial.  I even tried the Download Chrome Extensions extension to put in Fast Dial as I have that in both FF and SlimJet chrome.  It doesn't work(meaning the chrome extensions hang on install.)  I bump the max columns to 11, whatever in the Speed Dial that comes as default.  Five dial columns is it.  Pretty strange.  :)

hamradio:
Maybe you can help me with one other thing?  I decided to install only for myself rather than USB.  No matter what I do I cannot get more than 5 dials across in Speed Dial.  I even tried the Download Chrome Extensions extension to put in Fast Dial as I have that in both FF and SlimJet chrome.  It doesn't work(meaning the chrome extensions hang on install.)  I bump the max columns to 11, whatever in the Speed Dial that comes as default.  Five dial columns is it.  Pretty strange.  :)

-MilesAhead (September 21, 2016, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you have changed it in Opera advanced settings in browser sidebar and it is still doing that then perhaps it is something messing with it, as when I change it there it seems to rework it for the new selection.

MilesAhead:

-MilesAhead (September 21, 2016, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you have changed it in Opera advanced settings in browser sidebar and it is still doing that then perhaps it is something messing with it, as when I change it there it seems to rework it for the new selection.
-hamradio (September 21, 2016, 08:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ok.  Thanks for the info.  :)

Edit: I found a note that zooming out with Control - hotkey lets it use more columns.  Too easy.  I never would have figured it out.  :)

MilesAhead:
This is pretty snappy.  It seems to like to use Number of Tabs + 2 processes.

I found out the "easy" way to import Fast Dial was just to Select All in Fast Dial imported bookmarks folder, then go to My Folders and paste.  After that it is a matter of getting a thumbnail instead of a tile.  Most of them hitting the Heart will put the thumbnail on the dial.  But not always.  Why it fails on some is mysterious.  :)

But at least now I have them in the order to which I am habituated.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version