ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Homeland Security warns Windows PC users to uninstall Quicktime

<< < (2/5) > >>

Deozaan:
Is this just their way of lashing out at Apple for not cooperating before?

Stoic Joker:
Seriously, who installs the quicktime garbage on Windows anymore?
-Shades (April 18, 2016, 10:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

People that install itunes.
-wraith808 (April 18, 2016, 10:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
Which is one reason I hate iTunes and refuse to install it.
-Scott_Y (April 18, 2016, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

You don't *have* to install QuickTime with itunes.  I have itunes and no quicktime.  But it's checked by default.  And you have to keep unchecking it.
-wraith808 (April 18, 2016, 12:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but IIRC they kept squirting it back in with every other "update" just in case you ~like~ "forgot" to install it before...

Scott_Y:
You don't *have* to install QuickTime with itunes.  I have itunes and no quicktime.  But it's checked by default.  And you have to keep unchecking it.
--- End quote ---
Oh yeah, I do rather remember that. And the repeated unchecking made me think it really did have to be installed. But even if QT isn't required, I have many other reasons to hate iTunes  ;)

wraith808:
--- End quote ---
Oh yeah, I do rather remember that. And the repeated unchecking made me think it really did have to be installed. But even if QT isn't required, I have many other reasons to hate iTunes  ;)
-Scott_Y (April 18, 2016, 07:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's just easier to use iDevices with iTunes, so I don't fight that needless battle.  ;D

Deozaan:
I don't fight that needless battle.  ;D
-wraith808 (April 18, 2016, 07:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ditto. Which is why I don't own any iDevices. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version