ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

desktop shortcut to do a Simple task

<< < (4/7) > >>

questorfla:
ya gotta love all those "hack tools"  :tellme:
like?
that is always a BAD thing :-\

IainB:
...But I was told i could not install AHK at all.  That was my first suggestion to her as i said in my question.
I have many key re programmers made to do exactly ONLY reprogram the keyboard.  But she doesn't want anything on there so..
All i could think of was find the character code for the CTRL key and the Zero key and try to batch it that wold give her the desktop icon anyway
-questorfla (April 13, 2016, 02:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
I had a LOL at that. It's hamstringing. "Here, I want you to tighten the screws on this piece of equipment, but just for grins you are not allowed to use a screwdriver of any kind."
IT Confucius say: Support person who provide one solution to dumb requirement will find more dumb requirement in email next day...

One suggestion: employ some lateral thinking - e.g., get her a headset for her phone so she can be hands-free.

MilesAhead:
I had a LOL at that. It's hamstringing. "Here, I want you to tighten the screws on this piece of equipment, but just for grins you are not allowed to use a screwdriver of any kind."
IT Confucius say: Support person who provide one solution to dumb requirement will find more dumb requirement in email next day...
-IainB (April 15, 2016, 05:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

For some reason it reminds me of people who would bring their can in for a tune-up.  They would try to hand you points, plugs and condenser they bought from the parts store.  About one out of ten would get the point when asked "do you bring your own eggs to the restaurant?"

But on the wacko requirement thing I am convinced it is simply a matter of "That would be cheating!  Too easy."

questorfla:
yeah but,,,
as much as i complain about it, the truth is, i enjoy doing this.  Looking for a "Rube Goldberg" method to do something like this is really kind of a challenge that make te rest of the boring stuff bearable.

For instance, WHY can't this be done is a question that if answered may be helpful one day for a completely different task that really iS important.   When Life offers nothing new to learn, it gets to be tedious just to get through the next day.  I complain about it, but the truth is, i would be bored to tears without it.  And she being the "Boss-lady" means that the more dumb the question or more ridiculous the request, I cna be sure that i won't have any competition for the answers I DO find. 

A 'Brownie Point' is still a 'Brownie Point' no matter how you get it. 

I have enough feathers in my cap to be an Indian chief.

One more wont hurt my image.

questorfla:
bring their can in for a tune-up?
Eh.???  Typo or were you being more 'descriptive'?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version