ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Cookies click driving me crazy

<< < (3/4) > >>

IainB:
...but an even more useful link is http://www.kiboke-studio.hr/i-dont-care-about-cookies/
-Curt (April 12, 2016, 02:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
@Curt: Nice find (the subscription to AdBlock part). Thanks!      :Thmbsup:

Mark0:
I too hate the so called Cookie Law with the passion.
It has basically failed every supposedly good intentions of informing and educating about cookies, becoming just another silly annoyance.
It's such a retarded thing that it could have come only from an international committee of bureaucrats. :facepalm:

IainB:
...It's such a retarded thing that it could have come only from an international committee of bureaucrats.
-Mark0 (April 27, 2016, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
It was even better than that. It came from an EU "Internet committee" of unelected bureaucrats. Experience indicates that such groups can usually be relied upon to produce the most moronic regulations.

MilesAhead:
...It's such a retarded thing that it could have come only from an international committee of bureaucrats.
-Mark0 (April 27, 2016, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
It was even better than that. It came from an EU "Internet committee" of unelected bureaucrats. Experience indicates that such groups can usually be relied upon to produce the most moronic regulations.
-IainB (April 27, 2016, 06:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

The next one will be a required confirmation dialog every time you try to click OK.  Then when you click on the OK button on the confirmation dialog you will get another that says "Are you sure you're sure you really want to do this?"  With buttons, Yes, No, Maybe, I'll think it over pop up again in 10 seconds.

Deozaan:
Necro-thread, arise!

I just came across this wonderfully geeky cookie disclaimer which popped up in the bottom right corner of my browser window:

Fun.

See it for yourself here: https://www.jetbrains.com/rider/features/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version