ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

AData s102 256GB USB 3.0 flash drive $94.99

(1/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
I put a watch on camel cubed(camelcamelcamel.com) awhile ago to notify me if the AData s102 USB 3.0 flash drive 256GB model broke a hundred bucks.  I got the email.  The price was $94.99 so I had to go for it.

http://www.amazon.com/ADATA-USA-Advanced-256GB-AS102P-256G-RGY/dp/B00R61UX7G

Supposedly there is only one left.  :)

This flash drive has mid range to good performance.  But I like it because that is coupled with rugged construction and reliability.  I have a 32GB a 64GB and 2 128GB of this model.  None have given me a problem.  The sequential read and write numbers come in as expected for large file transfers.

I think I paid close to $90 for the first 128GB s102.  The second I got for less than $40.  I have been waiting for the 256GB to break a hundred bucks.  Looks like the price is finally starting to crumble for that capacity.

Edit:

Apparently there is a performance bonus on the 256GB capacity drive.  I thought perhaps Amazon got it wrong because earlier I could not find any other location with their numbers.  But AData's data sheet bears it out:

http://www.adata.com/en/ufd/specification/145

Up to 200 MB/s sequential read and up to 120 MB/s sequential write for large files.  Now I am happier I pushed the button.   :up:

x16wda:
Supposedly there is only one left. 
-MilesAhead (April 04, 2016, 03:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

So I just ordered that one... and there's still one left folks!  ;D   That calls for a round of...

Aleph null bottles of beer on the wall,
Aleph null bottles of beer!
Take one down, pass it around,
Aleph null bottles of beer on the wall!
 :P

MilesAhead:
Supposedly there is only one left. 
-MilesAhead (April 04, 2016, 03:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

So I just ordered that one... and there's still one left folks!  ;D   That calls for a round of...

Aleph null bottles of beer on the wall,
Aleph null bottles of beer!
Take one down, pass it around,
Aleph null bottles of beer on the wall!
 :P
-x16wda (April 04, 2016, 06:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh heh heh.   The best thing about a null bottle of beer is cops can't smell it on your breath.   :Thmbsup:

dluby:
Weird but they seem to have somehow got more in stock over night and put the price up, top that off with shipping and import fees and it's no longer a good buy for those of use across the pond :(

Price:   $116.99 + $35.67 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Ireland

MilesAhead:
Weird but they seem to have somehow got more in stock over night and put the price up, top that off with shipping and import fees and it's no longer a good buy for those of use across the pond :(

Price:   $116.99 + $35.67 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Ireland
-dluby (April 05, 2016, 01:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

For some reason they seem reluctant to discount the 256GB model.  Newegg had the 128 GB for about $44 shipped(to those in the contiguous 48 states of the U S of A.)  But I waited a bit more and got a 15% discount code on top of that.  Came to about $37 or so delivered.

Maybe because the 256GB has higher transfer speeds they think they can move them?  I don't know.  Good thing I had that camel cubed notification set up or I probably would have missed it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version