ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Freelance Programming/Upwork discussion thread

<< < (2/3) > >>

Asudem:
I'm going to have to investigate this further and fix it so I can get my.... *sigh* $20.
-Asudem (May 16, 2016, 02:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ouch man, that hurts.

I hate to ask ... But have you tried running sfc /scannow by chance?

I did a quick search and ran across this: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/save-as-dialog-empty-grayed-out/ The dialog view reset scripts look promising.
-Stoic Joker (May 16, 2016, 06:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Always the go-to, sfc /scannow is one of the key essentials I run when something goes awry with Windows. In fact, it was one of the first things I wanted to run, but the rootkits were blocking it. So after the rootkit removal, did the scan and errors were "successfully" corrected, but the error remained.

And thank you for that link, the dialog box looks similar to what my client was getting but not exactly. This will be worth trying though, thanks!

Asudem:
I don't normally reply to my own posts, but I thought this was worth a bump. Our second work session was about to start, and I text him letting him know I will be available at the scheduled time. He tells me the day after I worked on his computer his wife downloaded a bunch of viruses on the computer and it no longer functions. Why he failed to tell me this sooner, I do not know. What a tragedy.

Target:
I don't normally reply to my own posts, but I thought this was worth a bump. Our second work session was about to start, and I text him letting him know I will be available at the scheduled time. He tells me the day after I worked on his computer his wife downloaded a bunch of viruses on the computer and it no longer functions. Why he failed to tell me this sooner, I do not know. What a tragedy.
-Asudem (May 19, 2016, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

so, the fix is to get rid of his wife (and collect $20...)

Asudem:
-Target (May 19, 2016, 04:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

wraith808:
-Target (May 19, 2016, 04:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

-Asudem (May 19, 2016, 04:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

He might even give you a tip...!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version