ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Mechanical Keyboards

<< < (4/13) > >>

MilesAhead:

-wraith808 (June 26, 2016, 11:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am curious how much this baby weighs?

Edit:  I ask because it looks very cool.  I use an external USB keyboard and mouse with my Laptop.  I put up with wired keyboard and mouse because weight is a big factor when I have to drag all my stuff around in a suitcase.  I figure the batteries must weigh something in wireless gear.  Unless they use those small watch batteries.

If you used colored keys that made interesting patterns you might be able to sell custom keyboards as art.  Or at least get a high price per unit.. personalized to the customer.

wraith808:
I've been working more lately on keyboards- but forgetting to post them here!

First up is one I did for Halloween.

Mechanical Keyboards

It's a 75% board- it has the arrow keys, and a column of keys to the right.  It also has the function key row.  But it's still pretty compact.  I updated it with a couple of Halloween themed artisans (a ghost and an orange gradient), mostly because my daughter got on me that a starburst and an anchor are not Halloween themed!

One of my daily drivers:

Mechanical Keyboards

It's a Clueboard Rev 2 off of Dent and Ding.  Silver Case and GMK Plum.  Interestingly enough, even though I got the parts cheap because of dent and ding, I can't tell that there is any imperfection!

My other daily driver is a Clueboard Rev 2 that I paid full price for with a gray case, and GMK Honeywell.

Mechanical Keyboards

The one below that in that image is a Red Scarf Ver.B.  It was my daily driver, and I can't bring myself to break up with it.

Mechanical Keyboards

wraith808:
More keyboards:

Two that I put together just because I have a problem:

Mechanical Keyboards

Mechanical Keyboards

The one on the bottom I took to work to replace this one:
Mechanical Keyboards

This one I did for my daughter:
Mechanical Keyboards

And one I did for my wife:
Mechanical Keyboards

wraith808:
And a family picture of all of my 40% boards:

Mechanical Keyboards

The sad thing is I have more assembled and unassembled.  I'm hoping to move into my new office soon, and have shelves to put them on and display them to make me at least think that I don't have a problem.

Deozaan:
Quite the collection you've got there!

Approx. how much does one of those things cost to make?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version