ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Diskovery

<< < (4/7) > >>

4wd:

It's identifying a PNY flash drive as USB 3.0 but saying it's in mode USB 1.1 - (currently writing to it at >18MB/s).

Addendum: This looks like it might be controller related - two different USB 3.0 Host controllers on my computer:
Onboard ASMedia controller using latest ASMedia driver shows USB 1.1.
PCIe Renesas controller using Microsoft Windows 10 drivers shows as USB 3.0.
-4wd (March 30, 2016, 08:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm... can I have a log, please? There's an option for that in the app's menu. Just put a little note in the remarks that it's from 4wd.
I'd like to see if it's something that can be parsed out of IOCTL_USB_GET_xxx responses.
-apankrat (March 31, 2016, 02:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Never mind, I thought I'd reinstall the drivers for the motherboard and guess what ... now it also says USB 3.0  :-\

apankrat:
Never mind, I thought I'd reinstall the drivers for the motherboard and guess what ... now it also says USB 3.0  :-\
-4wd (March 31, 2016, 06:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, wait. No, no, no. Damn. Such an excellent chance to fix up the app not to display "USB 1.1", because that made no sense. And now that nice little chance is no more... /whelp

---

In unrelated news - a new version (0.9.0.7) is out. Grab it here.

Improved SSD detection, added vendor detection for Samsung, Transcend, Crucial, Liteon and few others, added descriptions of several SSD-specific SMART attributes.

Lintalist:
Nice App.

I have a USB 3 flash drive, formatted as a truecrypt volume/partition. If you connect it Windows thinks it is an unformatted drive, Diskovery will identity the brand and size correctly at that stage. If I mount the volume, Windows will see a new drive, say K: but refresh or restarting Diskovery it won't show up as Logical volume. Is that intended or correct behavior or should K be listed as Logical drive? (I tried it  Windows 7 and 8.1).

apankrat:
It's an expected behavior, at least at the moment. Diskovery will ignore volumes that don't have at least one partition extent (and TC volumes don't).

Should it list these? It probably should, shouldn't it?

4wd:
-4wd (March 31, 2016, 06:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, wait. No, no, no. Damn. Such an excellent chance to fix up the app not to display "USB 1.1", because that made no sense. And now that nice little chance is no more... /whelp-apankrat (March 31, 2016, 07:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Did I forget to mention I created a Restore point before reinstalling the drivers  ;)

Diskovery

Restored the system and sent the debug report with a USB 3.0 device plugged into each bus.

I think I see what happened, there is a driver version mismatch between the eXtensible Host Controller and the USB hub associated with it, ie. the Host controller is 1.16.32.1, whereas the associated Generic Hub is 1.16.28.1.  After upgrading the driver for the Generic Hub it becomes ASMedia Root Hub ... it's an idea anyway.

BTW, "Diskovery has stopped working" if it has no internet connectivity to send the report.
Faulting application name: diskovery-0.9.0.7.exe, version: 0.9.0.7, time stamp: 0x56fd08aa
Faulting module name: diskovery-0.9.0.7.exe, version: 0.9.0.7, time stamp: 0x56fd08aa
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000011e7
Faulting process ID: 0x1238
Faulting application start time: 0x01d18bc96a1f1115
Faulting application path: D:\Downloads\diskovery-0.9.0.7.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Downloads\diskovery-0.9.0.7.exe
Report ID: b0828fe3-95e2-4b0a-bfab-e043714c388a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index