ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Diskovery

<< < (6/7) > >>

apankrat:
Got a Samsung NVMe 128Gig NVMe stick. Damn. It is sooo tiny.

Diskovery

Stoic Joker:
Wow...that is small! Mine came preinstalled in an HP Z440 workstation, and it's - comparatively huge - the size of the contraption I posted a pic of earlier.

f0dder:

I have a USB 3 flash drive, formatted as a truecrypt volume/partition. If you connect it Windows thinks it is an unformatted drive, Diskovery will identity the brand and size correctly at that stage.
-Lintalist (March 31, 2016, 02:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
Small tip: instead of using raw volumes for TrueCrypt, create a single partition and set it's partition type to Linux - that will stop Windows from complaining about it.

Lintalist:
@f0dder thanks for the tip. I've actually done it on purpose. I use the drive for daily offsite backup (to take home) - as it is easy to loose I thought it adds a bit of additional security. If someone finds it, plugs it in, they might just think "OK then lets format it" :-) You can also disable Windows asking for it if you plug it in. Go to drive management and remove the drive letter - next time you plug it in it will no longer ask if you want to format it (works just for that specific usb device).

f0dder:
I use the drive for daily offsite backup (to take home) - as it is easy to loose I thought it adds a bit of additional security. If someone finds it, plugs it in, they might just think "OK then lets format it" :-)
-Lintalist (April 08, 2016, 11:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
Weeeeell, it doesn't really add security - that's what the encryption is for :)

The biggest risk is accidentally formatting it yourself (or a co-worker that finds the drive, or whatever) - removing the drive letter to get rid of the popup has to be done on every machine the drive is used on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version