ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Wireless mice are hackable up to a city block away

<< < (3/5) > >>

MilesAhead:
What kind of battery is generally used in these wireless keyboards/mice?  I am just curious.  I use USB keyboards and mice just because they draw power directly from the port.  No heavy battery to add to the weight of my suitcase.  If it is a "coin" size battery then I guess the weight is negligible.  But I may have lucked into doing the right thing via being misinformed.  :)

ayryq:
I have several that are 2xAA. I've never found them too heavy in use, but I don't generally travel with them. You know, many "gaming" mice come with weights in different sizes to make the mouse heavier, as some gamers prefer.

Stoic Joker:
What kind of battery is generally used in these wireless keyboards/mice?  I am just curious.  I use USB keyboards and mice just because they draw power directly from the port.  No heavy battery to add to the weight of my suitcase.  If it is a "coin" size battery then I guess the weight is negligible.  But I may have lucked into doing the right thing via being misinformed.  :)-MilesAhead (March 29, 2016, 07:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I hate having to worry about batteries - Wired = powered = trouble free  :Thmbsup:

40hz:

According to the article, once you get a toe in the door...a foot follows..

-Stoic Joker (March 29, 2016, 06:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

More like the possibility of a foot following it in, but yeah...once you've found an opening, the possibilities multiply significantly. Install a keylogger and a zombie script to dump a log file back to a server somewhere; slip in some ransomware or a bot...the possibilities are limited only by your skill set and your imagination. Or (more often) those of the people you have working for you.

MilesAhead:
What kind of battery is generally used in these wireless keyboards/mice?  I am just curious.  I use USB keyboards and mice just because they draw power directly from the port.  No heavy battery to add to the weight of my suitcase.  If it is a "coin" size battery then I guess the weight is negligible.  But I may have lucked into doing the right thing via being misinformed.  :)-MilesAhead (March 29, 2016, 07:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I hate having to worry about batteries - Wired = powered = trouble free  :Thmbsup:

-Stoic Joker (March 29, 2016, 08:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

At least on the Logitech USB wireless I found it uses 1 AA battery.  Not super heavy but still.. I'd rather have no battery.  ;)

Besides.  Wrapping up the USB cable and sticking the mouse in a slider baggy gives me something to do.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version