ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Spring & Easter Giveaway

<< < (2/2)

Deozaan:
Translation: This is not a giveaway but simply a six-month trialware version beyond the normal 14-day trial version always available.  Rather sneaky.  Or am I being too critical?
-Midnight Rambler (March 22, 2016, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

I agree with this interpretation. I think it's a 6-month license. (aka 6 month trial)

That said, I find AdGuard worth the money, and have paid for a lifetime license for my devices when it was mentioned here last year. :Thmbsup:

f0dder:
Adguard license claims Https filtering.  If that works on Youtube, this program might be a keeper.-Midnight Rambler (March 22, 2016, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
I wouldn't touch a standalone application doing HTTPS filtering with a 10-foot pole.

It requires either basically setting up a MITM proxy (and there's pretty much nobody that does that correctly, it adds tons of potential security holes, and makes it really hard to see your real protection status from the browser) - or it can be done via API hooking, which is somewhat better, but something that a lot of people get terribly wrong as well.

A browser extension doing the same thing can be fine, since it works at a different level.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version