ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

spring cleaning

<< < (9/11) > >>

iphigenie:
How many DC people do we have in the UK? I have a whole bunch of things I could donate, but if it's just 12 of us it's too much effort :)

mouser:
We really need to start giving more junk away that's just sitting on shelf.

I recently removed two of these low-profile 2009 graphics cards from an older htpc that i am upgrading:

SPARKLE SX98GT512D3L-NM GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187061

I removed them because they were running so hot -- like 60 celsius at idle, and up in 80s at load.  And they weren't quiet at that speed.

So in good conscience i don't think i would recommend these, despite newegg ratings, but if you have a use for them and you are in US i will send them and pay the postage.  But please only if you are going to use them.  Like maybe your current card is worse and also runs hot. And these are only really useful if you need a low-profile card, otherwise get yourself a full height card.

I need to make another pass through my boxes and post more things in this thread while there's still a slim chance someone might want something.

Others feel free to offer your junk.

40hz:
Figures...

Just emptied out two Westy storage cubes last month that were packed to the gills with perfectly workable electronics that nobody local wanted.

One thing I've learned the hard way: if somebody says they want something you're giving away - but don't swing by to get it immediately - they'll change their mind once you start pushing them to pick it up. And at $300+/mo. for storage space, that form of procrastination gets expensive pretty fast. Even more expensive than the recycling fees you'll pay to responsibly get rid of the stuff if you wait long enough. Like I did.
 :-\

I'll have to check around to see if anything survived that tech-apocalypse. :)

mouser:
yep.  let's face it, in the tech world, after a few years, it's often the case that there is simply no use for some of this stuff.

40hz:
^Not so much "no use" as "no demand,"

So it goes. ;) ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version