ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

best portable device to read pdf and research web

<< < (2/2)

xtabber:
Sony has announced new digital paper device called DPT-RP1 to replace the DPT-S1.  Basically the same tablet with a higher resolution screen, faster processor, and bluetooth in addition to WiFi. Also still PDF only.

It's supposed to go on sale in Japan in June for ~$700.  No availability announced yet for other countries.

dr_andus:
Any Chromebook + Kami (for PDF reading and annotation).

Chromebooks are highly portable (especially the convertable ones with small form factors, such as the Asus Chromebook Flip), have long-lasting batteries (8-12 hrs), are possibly the fastest machines for browsing, and you can save your PDFs in Google Drive.

Thauss:
thanks for some recommendations i've seen here... i'm still nowadays getting my laptop everywhere but it already gives me headaches so I was searching for something as well except laptops

kalos:
thanks for some recommendations i've seen here... i'm still nowadays getting my laptop everywhere but it already gives me headaches so I was searching for something as well except laptops
-Thauss (May 03, 2017, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

welcome!

I am glad my thread was useful and attracted new members! :)

tomos:
"E-Pad" 10.3" e-ink reader on Kickstarter. Android 8, 4G/LTE
Review of prototype from MobileTechReview:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/479880611/e-pad-the-e-ink-android-tablet
from $449 on Kickstarter (9 days to go)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version