ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Affinity (Serif) goes head to head with Photoshop & (maybe) Illustrator

<< < (3/7) > >>

tomos:
it should be mentioned that Affinity is 64-bits only.
-Curt (November 12, 2016, 03:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I missed that. I struggle with these modern websites, cant even find a meaningful features page for Designer for Windows (which they're already selling). Where did you get that info Curt?

Jibz:
There are some requirements in the Windows Install FAQ on the forums. There is also a list of cameras whose RAW format Photo supports.

Curt:
the 64_bits -info came via the email with the download link for the beta:

click to enlarge:
Affinity (Serif) goes head to head with Photoshop & (maybe) Illustrator

homepage begins at https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/ ; it is 6 pages!

tomos:
the 64_bits -info came via the email with the download link for the beta:

click to enlarge:
[ Invalid Attachment ]
-Curt (November 13, 2016, 02:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks Curt - I didnt scroll down below the download links so never saw that message.
Have you tried 'Photo' yet? (haven't yet myself)

Re the website: with these modern webpages I become like a grumpy old geezer - all that scrolling, inability to link to any particular part of the long scroll. I must become more tolerant of change ;-)

Curt:
life would be easier if you all were inside my head so you better would understand what I said and what I forgot to mention...

Anyway, my reason for not being too detailed is that I lost my 64 bit tower after I had signed up for the Affinity project. Now I merely have a 32 bit laptop, so I never went any further than the "welcome"-page where I was reminded of the "64 bit only".

The screenshot was not from the email but the said welcome page. You must sign up (again) and give your email address, before they'll mail you the download link.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version