ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anyone know any good free font sites

<< < (5/8) > >>

thunder7:
I will update you when I have my PC running again I have "a few" font sites I know of

app103:
I received this in an email today in reply to a request for font sources:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TotallyKrazyFonts/

This is a list that used to be on AOL only, and has since moved to Yahoo Groups and now anybody can join. Despite this, it's still an AOL style mailing list. (If you join, you will learn what that means)

What you will receive is 10 fonts in your email inbox every day, Monday thru Friday. They will arrive as email attachments, one attachment per email. (no zips) This means each font will have its own email for a total of 10 each day. There will be a graphic in each email to preview the font that is attached. Keep the ones you like, delete the ones you don't.

Keep your mailbox from getting full and make sure you do what you have to to prevent any mailings from the list ending up in your filters as spam. If there is a  bounceback you will most likely be removed from the mailing list instantly. Make sure your settings will allow attachments.

You don't have to do anything but sign up in order to get them. You are allowed to share the fonts you receive with others and even forward mailings from the list to your friends.

The group was founded on Yahoo in 2004, currently has 791 members, and has been very active. June's email count was 209 messages.

Enjoy!

nudone:
app, that sounds like a nice way to get new fonts - just one question: do you know if it okay to use these fonts for commercial purposes?

app103:
do you know if it okay to use these fonts for commercial purposes?
-nudone (July 08, 2006, 12:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Probably not.

Most likely they are the same freeware fonts you could spend forever finding from search after search on google for various free font sites.

The difference is that you don't have to do any work and they come to you and in a small enough quantity at a time that you can appreciate them more.

There will most likely be the addition of the appropriate holiday fonts to go with each season sent out as well.

Maybe if you are lucky you might even get some exclusives. There could be a font artist on AOL that may decide to send their stuff in to be distributed. It wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened. There was one on a mailing list I subscribe to that sent in about 50 of his/her original fonts all in one zip file. Those fonts are still out there traveling from mailing list to mailing list.

What I would do is open the fonts like I explained earlier, and see if there is contact info or a URL listed in the preview. Then either visit that site for more info or email the creator and ask.

If I come up with any more of these font lists that are open to people not on AOL, I'll be sure to post them.

thunder7:
If you just do a google search for Free Fonts. And then do the same thing in a few other search engines you will be going thru fonts for a month or two.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version