ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Surface Pro 4 (etc); observations from long term use?

<< < (6/11) > >>

Deozaan:
Surface Pro 4 is on sale for $50-$150 cheaper than usual:

Surface Pro 4 Sale: Microsoft Offers $50 To $150 Discount

wraith808:
They run those fairly often, truthfully, which is why I haven't posted them.

Deozaan:
You're right. I'd seen them before but didn't remember them being discounted so much ($150). But now that I think about it, maybe that's the usual discount.

Dormouse:
Have come across my first major problem.
The failure of the dock to work with my monitors. Seems to be a common and well known problem.
My monitors are not on the list of monitors that don't work, but not on the list of monitors that should either.
I got one to work (once) by connecting it directly and then back to the dock. But it stopped when I switched it from duplicating to extending screen. Hasn't worked since. And the other  (identical) model has never worked on the dock or on the Book directly.
Means I cannot use the Book as I intended, and the dock isn't very useful at all. Might send them both back.

Shades:
@ Dormouse:
If you used DVI cables to do the connecting...there are many DVI protocols out now. In theory all of them are backwards compatible, but in practice there are a lot of issues that do spoil the "fun" of interconnecting devices.

Those old DSUB (xVGA) cables, without any hint of DRM measures built into that standard, give you much less headaches like this. Likely your Surface and/or dock has a much more modern version of DVI onboard which could be conflicting with the old(er) HDMI ports on your monitors. The HDMI standard isn't that much better in this regard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version