ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software discontinued...help!

<< < (3/3)

IainB:
OneStore does not have an import function? ...
-Shades (February 20, 2016, 11:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, it does, but you can only import an Export file!    :tellme:
Good points all.
OneStore lets you tell it where to go look for a database (Store) server, so that would seem to be the best route to take.

Help file Page 6 - location of default Store on the server machine:
(You need to put all your old database/Store files in here.)
The Help notes say this is true for Vista. It is also true for my Win10 installation as well (I just checked).
However, to be sure, you will need to hunt around for this folder to verify if it is true on an XP install - it might be different.

Nearly there!

IainB:
@pleased: Thankyou for introducing me to X2NET OneStore with your query. I have learned a lot from it and am quite impressed with its potential as a personal DMS (Document Management System). I have posted a review separately in the relevant forum: X2NET OneStore - Mini-Review ("also-ran")

Sorry I can't help to explain why you are apparently unable to install OneStore in your Win10 OS, whereas I managed to do it first time with no real hitches.

It struck me that, if your old OneStore Store(s) are big, then you might be in for a world of pain to migrate all your stuff out of them - especially given that some of your data could well be stored in a proprietary OneStore format (see my review), and thus making export standards issues potentially tedious to work around.

You could well find it worthwhile to consider continuing to use OneStore, if you could just get it running on Win10 or another OS (and if you have a default single user licence). I wouldn't necessarily say that it was dead yet. That could give you time to look for a replacement and take your time about it.

pleased:
@IanB, @Shades.   Thanks guys,  I have spent a couple of days playing around and finally got into my OneStore by using an installation within Vista and replacing the newly created database files for my old store files  :Thmbsup:.  I now have 30 days to export anything important.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version