ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

In search of an alternative to InfoSelect ...

<< < (15/15)

IainB:
@skas: Well, I for one am always interested in this thread, so thanks for posting what you did.
Yes, TreeDBNotes Pro looks like a rather good PIM, to replace not only Infoselect 9 (or IS8 in my case), but also as a OneNote Replacement.
The difficulty I have is that my requirements for holding what I now regard as "data" have changed to include other things not previously considered as feasible for PIMs. Hence my post about using OneNote as a 21st-Century Zettelkasten.
I'd much rather be able to navigate around my OneNotes database using something like IS8 or TreeDBNotes Pro, but I can't, and they can't meet my changed requirements, so I'm currently stuck with OneNotes as the only option (for me).

Dormouse:
Not sure if anyone ever reads this thread anymore, but I just discovered TreeDBNotes Pro 4 (v3.5, actually), and it is the first software program I've found which I think compares favorably to InfoSelect v9.
-skas (February 07, 2016, 03:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
I really like TreeDBnotes, especially for writing. I do remember some complaints in the, now defunct, forum about data loss but never had a problem myself. Use it much less than I did because I switch platforms a lot and need programs that make my life simpler. Agree that Pro is much the most useful version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version