ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone using Blackbird?

<< < (14/16) > >>

loninappleton:
As a second reply outside of the "Apps" for Windows 10:  How is CMD used for the dash switches?  Is the path  from c: system32/blackbird folder/ run blackbird -n?  Or what.

Can this be done from the Run Box at  Winkey + R?

4wd:
After you've run Blackbird to stop all the Windows 10 telemetry, etc, open a Command Line Interface:

* Win + r
* Type 'cmd.exe' then hit Enter
Type the following command into the Command Line Interface window when it opens:

C:\full path to\Blackbird.exe -l

Replace 'C:\full path to' with the actual path where you have Blackbird installed.

The option is a lower case L, (not 1 or I).

I did this yesterday on my machine, it should revert changes made to fix LAN working.

Anyone using Blackbird? Anyone using Blackbird?

Alternatively, enter the full path to Blackbird after pressing Win + r:

Anyone using Blackbird?

According to OOSU, Blackbird still leaves a lot of things enabled that could be disabled - of course, it may take care of them at a deeper level, (eg. block access to the host server), however it still allows app access to things like: call history, messages, calendar, etc.

loninappleton:
much appreciated.   I have to follow things by rote.

Will report any success.

KodeZwerg:

* Win + r
* Type 'cmd.exe' then hit Enter-4wd (October 05, 2018, 05:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
If its 32bit, it might be useful to use
--- ---%windir%\SysWoW64\cmd.exe, that opens 32bit console.

4wd:
Blackbird comes in 32 and 64 bit versions, they should be using the one appropriate for their architecture.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version