ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone using Blackbird?

<< < (11/16) > >>

Curt:
I have noticed that every time Explorer now has this freezing problem, I can find "Windows Shell -Experience Host" running. Because all this is during startup, I don't know if it also was running before the freeze (but it never did before Blackbird) - if it was the trigger, or being triggered.

C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe (Path) = "C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe" -ServerName:App.AppXtk181tbxbce2qsex02s8tw7hfxa9xb3t.mca (Command Line)

CPU-0%, Memory,, -40 MB, Pagefile,, -17 MB, Disk-0 K/s,, Resources usage   
676 - svchost.exe,, Parent Process   
 :tellme:

Curt:
Finally I have found the culprit. After the big Windows update previous week, my Win 10 soon failed to function properly. Because I ran Blackbird very shortly after this update, I expected the problems had been caused by Blackbird not being adapted to the new, updated Windows. So I commanded Blackbird -r, and rebooted. The problems were still there!! Actually, they even got worse and worse, so I was forced to update or remove various programs, in order to narrow the list of usual suspects. Luckily I didn't have to say goodbye to anyone at all; ALL the problems went away when I replaced Outpost 9.2 for Outpost 9.3 of April 28'th.

Problem solved. Blackbird is okay   :up:
and so is Outpost 9.3

----
PS:

It seems your Blackbird doesn't disable Runtime Broker. I think it should, because it's contacting Microsoft Store.
Maybe read our thread: What is Runtime Broker, and Why is it working so pathetically bad?

Blackbird Dev:
Happy you got everything working!  :)
Was just about to release a new version but this Runtime Broker business piqued my interest.
Seems to be a core part of Metro/UWP apps but I could make a switch in Blackbird to turn it off.

f0dder:
For this reason I do not install updates to the OS unless I have a specific problem and find an update that fixes it.  The only exception I make is service packs.  At least there is some effort to test after installing the service pack to see that all the fixes play together nicely.  With weekly bundles of updates there's no time for testing.-MilesAhead (April 29, 2016, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
I can understand what leads people to do this - but missing out on security fixes? Ugh.

MilesAhead:
For this reason I do not install updates to the OS unless I have a specific problem and find an update that fixes it.  The only exception I make is service packs.  At least there is some effort to test after installing the service pack to see that all the fixes play together nicely.  With weekly bundles of updates there's no time for testing.-MilesAhead (April 29, 2016, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
I can understand what leads people to do this - but missing out on security fixes? Ugh.
-f0dder (May 08, 2016, 02:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't feel very secure if my system is broken and I have to waste several days tracking down the permutations.  Also trying to read the update descriptions, unless they changed something, is the biggest pita imaginable.  It seems to be designed to discourage knowing what you are putting on.  They want to do the thinking for you these days.

-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version