ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone using Blackbird?

<< < (3/16) > >>

MilesAhead:
I posted a question/comment on Facebook but I don't use it often enough to have any idea if there will be a meaningful response.  :)

In fact I think it is my first post.  I just got it for quickie login to sites I don't want to formally join.

4wd:
Error 503, seems strange that it serves up the virus page though - web host AV software flagged it as a virus perhaps?

--- Code: Text ---GET http://www.getblackbird.net/download/BlackbirdV6_v0.9.85-x64.zip HTTP/1.1Host: www.getblackbird.netUser-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/20160204 PaleMoon/26.0.3Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8Accept-Language: en-au,en-gb;q=0.8,en;q=0.5,en-us;q=0.3Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflateReferer: http://www.getblackbird.net/download/Connection: keep-alive  HTTP/1.1 503 Service UnavailableContent-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8Content-Length: 819Connection: closeP3P: CP="CAO PSA OUR"Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMTCache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0Pragma: no-cache <html><head><title>Blokada virusa / Virus Blocked</title><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE"><style>#content{border:1px solid#000000;background-color:#FFFFFF;margin:40;padding:40;font-family:Tahoma,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;}  h1{font-size:20px;font-weight:bold;color:#CA5427;}  b{font-weight:bold;color:#CA5427;}</style></head><body bgcolor="#E1E1E1"><div id="content"><h1>Blokada virusa</h1><p>Ime: <strong>blackbird.exe</strong> </p><p>IP naslov obiskovalca: <strong>Some IP</strong> </p><hr size="1" color="#000000" /><h1>Virus Blocked</h1><p>Name: <strong>blackbird.exe</strong> </p><p>IP address of the visitor: <strong>Some IP</strong> </p></div></body></html> ------------------------------------------------------------------

MilesAhead:
Error 503, seems strange that it serves up the virus page though - web host AV software flagged it as a virus perhaps?
-4wd (February 17, 2016, 07:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know.  In their text it says something about "Google not liking the 32 bit version" so it had to be hosted on MajorGeeks.  Maybe they will have to host the 64 bit version there also?  I don't know what is going on if Google has the power to blacklist individual files.  Seems peculiar.

Stoic Joker:
I don't know what is going on if Google has the power to blacklist individual files.  Seems peculiar.
-MilesAhead (February 18, 2016, 07:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

BlackBird's site does not appear to be hosted by Google.
I do not (read never) use Google's DNS.
Google was not used to search for the program.
Google was not a referrer for the page request.
Google did not have Jack Shit to do with anything even vaguely tangentially related to the electronic communication between me an BB's website ... So if Google managed to block that download we have some epically Orwellian Big Brother class serious shit hitting the fan.

(That was fun) But seriously, I don't think Google is involved in the errors we're getting.

MilesAhead:
I don't know what is going on if Google has the power to blacklist individual files.  Seems peculiar.
-MilesAhead (February 18, 2016, 07:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

BlackBird's site does not appear to be hosted by Google.
I do not (read never) use Google's DNS.
Google was not used to search for the program.
Google was not a referrer for the page request.
Google did not have Jack Shit to do with anything even vaguely tangentially related to the electronic communication between me an BB's website ... So if Google managed to block that download we have some epically Orwellian Big Brother class serious shit hitting the fan.

(That was fun) But seriously, I don't think Google is involved in the errors we're getting.
-Stoic Joker (February 18, 2016, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

All I can think of is google is providing hosting to these guys?  I know every time somebody sends an email to Hawk Host that one of my programs got a red flag or 2 out of 60+ malware scanners they pull the file first and ask me about it later.

I tried the MajorGeeks download link for the x64 version of Blackbird just now and the Miami Dade Public Library blocked it as "a known malware site."

Looks like more trouble than it is worth.  But I have the feeling it is going to end up like the certificate crap.  If the $100 or $200 payment clears, then all your software is certified malware free all of a sudden.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version