ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone using Blackbird?

<< < (2/16) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Just tried to download x64 version, and it is blocked with warning "Virus Blocked".

The funny thing is that I don't have AV which influences my browser(s) in such a way.

Maybe it is a W10 thing...
-Attronarch (February 17, 2016, 01:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

If this is the one you got, it ain't from Win10 - I've never seen anything like it.

Here's a view source of the error:

--- Code: HTML5 ---<html><head><title>Blokada virusa / Virus Blocked</title><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE"><style>#content{border:1px solid#000000;background-color:#FFFFFF;margin:40;padding:40;font-family:Tahoma,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;}  h1{font-size:20px;font-weight:bold;color:#CA5427;}  b{font-weight:bold;color:#CA5427;}</style></head><body bgcolor="#E1E1E1"><div id="content"><h1>Blokada virusa</h1><p>Ime: <strong>blackbird.exe</strong> </p><p>IP naslov obiskovalca: <strong>My IP</strong> </p><hr size="1" color="#000000" /><h1>Virus Blocked</h1><p>Name: <strong>blackbird.exe</strong> </p><p>IP address of the visitor: <strong>My IP</strong> </p></div></body></html>

MilesAhead:
Really strange.  I don't remember Start64 having weird links like that.  Perhaps some where you click the product and it is not linked to the page.  You know what though, if Blackbird does system tricks to protect your system it may be seen as a malware.  It could be similar to the 32 bit Snadboxie that patched the kernel in memory.  I believe Sandboxie got flagged quite often until the author registered it as a false positive or whatever he did to get if off the blacklists.

Edit:  I am getting that same virus blocked screen even in Opera 12.x.  It must be getting flagged right on the backbone or something?  Weird.

Stoic Joker:
I used the BlackBird link you posted above to go to their page, used their download latest version link to get to their download page, and then clicked their Download Blackbird V6 link. Which resulted in the above error.

You know what though, if Blackbird does system tricks to protect your system it may be seen as a malware.
-MilesAhead (February 17, 2016, 01:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

That was my first thought as well, until I tried the download ... That's not a Windows error message - and nothing on my system is in Russian (or whatever language that is). So I'm thinking it's coming - odd as it may seem - from their end.

Attronarch:
It is Slovenian, I think. "Blokada virusa" could be Croatian, Serbian, Bosnian or Slovenian, but "obiskovalca" sounds pretty Slovenian.

Weird case, I thought it was my only problem...

MilesAhead:
I used the BlackBird link you posted above to go to their page, used their download latest version link to get to their download page, and then clicked their Download Blackbird V6 link. Which resulted in the above error.

You know what though, if Blackbird does system tricks to protect your system it may be seen as a malware.
-MilesAhead (February 17, 2016, 01:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

That was my first thought as well, until I tried the download ... That's not a Windows error message - and nothing on my system is in Russian (or whatever language that is). So I'm thinking it's coming - odd as it may seem - from their end.
-Stoic Joker (February 17, 2016, 03:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't remember getting anything like this.  It seems like the network itself is sticking this page in.  The web just get weirder all the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version