ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Bluetooth Power Monitor

(1/3) > >>

Asudem:
Hi everyone!

I'm proud to introduce my latest project, the bluetooth power monitor! It's still in the prototype stage, but what this device will do is monitor your power usage over bluetooth, the power supply can be turned on via bluetooth, you can be informed of how low your battery is via hepatic feedback, and it will start beeping if your power supply gets too low!

For now, all I have right now is non-specific power monitoring and can turn any battery powered device on and off via bluetooth! Here's a picture of what it looks like attached to a Game Gear:
Bluetooth Power Monitor

I'm so proud of my first arduino project!

KynloStephen66515:
Seems a bit counterintuitive at first glance...can you explain how this helps anything with the fact that simply having Bluetooth turned on (on most devices) will make your battery drain way faster (even when not in use)  :huh:

Forgive me if I have missed something xD

Asudem:
Seems a bit counterintuitive at first glance...can you explain how this helps anything with the fact that simply having Bluetooth turned on (on most devices) will make your battery drain way faster (even when not in use)  :huh:

Forgive me if I have missed something xD
-Stephen66515 (February 16, 2016, 06:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
No you didn't miss anything... except the small rechargeable battery pack that powers the bluetooth module. Whoops, that was my bad not to include it in the photo. But yes, there is almost no power drain from the actual power source you are testing because the device has it's own little battery pack.

Asudem:
It's all tiny tiny now!  :D
Bluetooth Power Monitor

Asudem:
Even more tedious than coding, soldering, or researching has been creating a new part in a PCB creation program called "Fritzing"... I'm about halfway done with this board so I can begin customizing my own board to create a more finished looking prototype that will be ready for... housing creation... *sigh*  :'(

Bluetooth Power Monitor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version