ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Cannot capture region using Surface Pro4, dual monitor - extra zooming

<< < (5/7) > >>

Jesper Hertel:
I've been operating under the assumption that the other capture modes (capture screen, workspace) worked fine and it was just selected region that was broken.
-mouser (May 06, 2016, 04:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
I actually had the same assumption – apparently I never checked or noticed that until now.

mouser:
Ok so at least we are making progress on identifying the nature of the problem -- and it's not a problem with selected region capturing per se, and is instead a more general problem.

Very useful seeing those screenshots.

Now if I make impose a bit more --

I think you addressed this earlier, but is there a scenario where having the two screens at the SAME magnification still has a problem?  One subtlety about testing this is that it may be that SC has to be restarted after making magnification changes in order to not cause spurious problems.

And lastly, can you tell me if for example the 125+150 case above, if you do single-screen (monitor) captures, are the individual monitor captures also incomplete?

Jesper Hertel:
To follow up on previous questions before returning to your most recent answer:

1. in the config where selected region has a problem, can i confirm that the "capture entire workspace" capture works as expected, and captures entire workspace?
-mouser (May 04, 2016, 08:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
I cannot confirm that, as shown in my previous post.

2. again in config where selected region has a problem, if you nevertheless trigger a selected region capture, and try to select the entire visible (zoomed) workspace, from top left to bottom right, what does the resulting image look like?
-mouser (May 04, 2016, 08:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Zoom settings: 100% internal, 150% TV:

Workspace screenshot – incomplete:

Trying to select entire workspace using selected region capture from upper left on internal screen to lower right on external TV (with no zoom problem this time!) – more incomplete, the lower part of the internal screen is now also missing:

Jesper Hertel:
One subtlety about testing this is that it may be that SC has to be restarted after making magnification changes in order to not cause spurious problems.
-mouser (May 06, 2016, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
I actually never restarted Screenshot Captor as part of the testing. I will continue not to do that to make results comparable. But if you ask, I can restart.

is there a scenario where having the two screens at the SAME magnification still has a problem? 
--- End quote ---
Yes, for instance 125% and 125%.

Workspace capture using 125% and 125% (Windows changed the TV desktop background to horses now):

And lastly, can you tell me if for example the 125+150 case above, if you do single-screen (monitor) captures, are the individual monitor captures also incomplete?
--- End quote ---
Yes, they are also incomplete.

125% internal and 150% TV:

Internal monitor, single screen capture – incomplete:

External TV monitor, single screen capture – incomplete and includes part of internal screen (!):

Jesper Hertel:
Switched TV background back to polar bears to make screenshots comparable, repeating some screenshots:

125% internal and 150% TV, single screen capture of internal monitor – incomplete:

125% internal and 150% TV, single screen capture of TV monitor – incomplete and includes part of internal screen:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version