ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Cannot capture region using Surface Pro4, dual monitor - extra zooming

<< < (4/7) > >>

mouser:
I do very much appreciate all the testing!
Since we are still missing a truly simple explanation, i think the next step is for me to make a test version that creates the overlay and then draws on it to show where it THINKS each monitor is and what it's dimensions are.
I think this will let us see more clearly what is going on.

mouser:
Can I ask a couple of quick questions, FOR THE SCENARIO WHERE THE SELECTION REGION CAUSES A PROBLEM:

1. in the config where selected region has a problem, can i confirm that the "capture entire workspace" capture works as expected, and captures entire workspace?
2. again in config where selected region has a problem, if you nevertheless trigger a selected region capture, and try to select the entire visible (zoomed) workspace, from top left to bottom right, what does the resulting image look like?

It would be great if you could attach 2 images, one with the entire workspace captured via "capture entire workspace" capture, and another using selected region and trying to select a region of maximum size from upper left to lower right.

mouser:
jesper, when you get a chance, im particularly interested in the normal CAPTURE ENTIRE WORKSPACE results in the two scenarios where selected region works vs when it doesn't.

contrary to my previous thinking that this capture-entire workspace always worked fine in all cases, on another user's test, we found big blank white areas on left and right of monitors indicating that something is wrong even with the capture entire workspace in this scenario.

mouser:
Following up -- it now appears i may have misunderstood a fundamental issue related to this problem.

I've been operating under the assumption that the other capture modes (capture screen, workspace) worked fine and it was just selected region that was broken.

But now from some discussion it appears that assumption may not be true.

Jesper can you go to a configuration where selected region captures give bad zoomed result, and then just try taking a normal Capture Screen capture on each monitor and post the results?

Jesper Hertel:
Jesper can you go to a configuration where selected region captures give bad zoomed result, and then just try taking a normal Capture Screen capture on each monitor and post the results?
-mouser (May 06, 2016, 04:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry for the late reply, I have been both sleeping and busy. :)

The complete workspace screenshots are actually incomplete when the problem is there. I took these complete workspace screenshots when having my 1920x1080 TV connected (through HDMI). The internal screen is to the left, the TV is to the right. Only the last of these three screenshots is correct and complete:

125% zoom on internal screen, 150% external TV, problem is there, workspace screenshot is incomplete:

100% zoom on internal screen, 150% external TV, problem is there, workspace screenshot is incomplete:

100% zoom on internal, 100% on external TV, problem is not there, workspace screenshot is complete:

(I had to use lossy JPG as lossless PNG was too large, but that is hopefully not a problem in this case.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version