ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Cannot capture region using Surface Pro4, dual monitor - extra zooming

<< < (3/7) > >>

Jesper Hertel:
First of all, I tried restarting my computer, and the problem was back :(. Or rather, the problem is there when I only connect my TV, but not when I connect both my TV and my VGA monitor.

Could it have something to do with the ALIGNMENT of the monitors?-mouser (May 04, 2016, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, you do have a point there! I tried using Control Panel to realign the monitors (this time actually realigning them, as opposed to the non-functional Settings "app"). And if I put the top of my internal monitor above the top of my TV, or precisely align the top of the internal monitor with the top of my TV, the problem is gone, even though the TV is set to 150%. TV is monitor number 2 here:

But if I place the top of the internal monitor just below the top of the TV, so the TV's top defines the top of the workspace, the problem is back:

Seems like perhaps the topmost screen (the screen with the topmost top) kind of defines the zoom for the entire window overlay? I don't quite understand it, though…

Jesper Hertel:
When I connect my VGA monitor, it becomes the topmost screen (here it is number 2, and the TV is number 3):

And then it works.

But this works too, even though here the TV is the topmost screen:

And this works too:

So I can't quite explain why it works now when I connect two monitors…

Jesper Hertel:
I tried many different arrangements of my three external monitors now, and none of the arrangements gives any problems – if both externals monitors are connected.

The problem is only there now when I connect only my TV. Then the zoom on the TV makes problems.

If I connect only my VGA connected monitor, the zoom on the internal monitor makes problems – no matter how I arrange the two monitors. Even if I put the VGA connected monitor to the right (virtually), it makes no change.

I can't find heads or tails in this.

Jesper Hertel:
But if I only connect my TV and arrange my internal monitor (1) and TV (2) like this (i.e. align their tops):

then it works, with a zoom of 150% on my TV.

So I guess my workaround is to align the tops of my internal screen and my TV.

I still don't understand why it is like that, though.

wraith808:
That's some nice troubleshooting there Jesper.  I'm sure mouse will appreciate it when he sees it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version