ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Need a new Keyboard - advice?

<< < (2/3) > >>

wraith808:
thanks for those comments :up:

I have that keyboard [Logitech K740] at work, am a reasonably fast typist, and have not seen issue 1.
-wraith808 (February 16, 2016, 06:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

do you know if three-key shortcuts work? Lots of gamers complain that some particular combos of three keys dont work on it -- I dont care about the gaming aspect, but do use multiple shortcuts with three, and even some with four keys.
-tomos (February 16, 2016, 06:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can check tomorrow.  I can't recall if I even have any three key shortcuts.

wraith808:
Just checked it... with a three key shortcut that has the windows key and another that did not.  (WIN+CTRL+N and CTRL+SHIFT+N).  Both worked fine.

Another interesting note from Amazon: You purchased this item on August 24, 2010

So I've had it for 5-1/2 years, and there is minimal wear on the keyboard- other than dust and grit between the keys (I need to clean it), it looks pretty much new.  The backlighting still works, and I don't see any peeling on the keys.  I also like the travel on that keyboard.  On some Logitech keyboards, I don't like that, but this gets a slim keyboard with good travel for fast typing.  I'd recommend it.

tomos:
Thanks for all that info wraith,
it sounds good to me :Thmbsup:

xtabber:
One thing to note about the Logitech K740 is that the Insert and Delete keys (above the cursor keys, between the main keyboard and the numeric pad) are non-standard.  The Delete key is double size and the Insert key has been moved above it to where the Print Screen key is on a standard keyboard.

This may or may not matter to you, but I find that kind of thing disconcerting when typing.  I also dislike keyboards with small L-shaped Enter keys, as is common with many of the cheaper keyboards.

wraith808:
One thing to note about the Logitech K740 is that the Insert and Delete keys (above the cursor keys, between the main keyboard and the numeric pad) are non-standard.  The Delete key is double size and the Insert key has been moved above it to where the Print Screen key is on a standard keyboard.
-xtabber (February 17, 2016, 02:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I actually like that.  It keeps me from pressing it by accident when typing.  PrintScn is there, but the scroll lock key is now a function key.  I'm not sure what you mean by L-shaped Enter keys - it's pretty standard on that keyboard - a double sized enter key.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version