ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

portable air conditioning - any good?

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
you might be able to get one of those portable air conditioners to work if you built a little isolated mini tent around your workspace using betsheets or something draped from ceiling around you, almost like an isolated hospital bed, you know, like a 4ft x 4ft isolation chamber in your room.

jgpaiva:
Mouser: I bet that if someone had one of those in his bedroom, someone who'd come in the room would be quite impressed ;)
That makes me remember those chaimbers that aare created by the medics, in impact areas of a virus :P

nudone:
the tent idea has potential - the problem is that it's too hot to get up and start doing anything remotely strenuous. so, i'll just sit here and melt.

mouser:
you know if you are feeling adventurous, there have been some stories in the last few months on creating your own organic air conditioner..

JavaJones:
I live on the 3rd floor of a huge old Victorian, the attic really. It's completely uninstulated and the place is roofed with dark grey roof shingles. It gets quite deliciously hot up here, let me tell you. :D

I do practice the open-in-the-evening-close-in-the-morning approach and it works reasonably well, but I do need to open my windows at midday again usually since - being uninsulated - the space heats up pretty well despite the closed windows. The air outside is usually cooler and even if it isn't the breeze from the open windows helps anyway. I do now have a small room built with insulation but I have yet to air condition it yet. Gotta get that setup. But it's remarkably cooler in there already even without A/C.

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version