ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

How to copy command line output in an alias?

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
ok good question..

heres what i THINK should work, an alias result that looked something like this:

appcap "path/to/script 20 ft to yards";;; copyclip %lastappcap%

i have not tested that, so i can't be entirely sure, and if you can't get that to work i will make sure it can be done somehow.

but here's how that's SUPPOSED to work:
The appcapp command should launch the specified program, and capture it's output in %lastappcap%.
Then the ;;; separates the next command to run, which tells farr to copy the contents of %lastappcap% to clipboard.

If that is all too messy, i might add a new appcap like appcclip to run an app and copy result to clipboard.

And, before you try making that work, you might try the simpler:
appcapappendmemo path/to/script 20 ft to yards

See here for an example: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=28136

mouser:
You'll find all these weird special commands in the help page under "Special/Virtual Launch Strings/Commands"

jolleyjoe:
ok good question..

heres what i THINK should work, an alias result that looked something like this:

appcap "path/to/script 20 ft to yards";;; copyclip %lastappcap%

i have not tested that, so i can't be entirely sure, and if you can't get that to work i will make sure it can be done somehow.

but here's how that's SUPPOSED to work:
The appcapp command should launch the specified program, and capture it's output in %lastappcap%.
Then the ;;; separates the next command to run, which tells farr to copy the contents of %lastappcap% to clipboard.

If that is all too messy, i might add a new appcap like appcclip to run an app and copy result to clipboard.

And, before you try making that work, you might try the simpler:
appcapappendmemo path/to/script 20 ft to yards

See here for an example: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=28136
-mouser (February 03, 2016, 01:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

All of them gave me the same error:

Trying appcapappendmemo with double quotes:

--- Code: Text ---appcapappendmemo "path/to/script $$1"
and appcapappendmemo without double quotes:

--- Code: Text ---appcapappendmemo path/to/script $$1
Trying appcap:

--- Code: Text ---appcap "C:\path\to\script $$1";;; copyclip %lastappcap%
In the results, it would show me (note unmatched double-quote):

--- Code: Text ---script $$1";;; copyclip
I tried sending:

--- Code: Text ---alias time in taiwan
All of the above shows displays this error:

--- Code: Text ---Error launching redirected commandline program: ("path\to\script time in taiwan")
For reference, this command works fine in cmd.exe:

--- Code: Text ---path\to\script time in taiwan
Please let me know if you have any other suggestions!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version