ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

2GB additional Google Drive storage for free

<< < (3/5) > >>

tomos:
^ missed that.
I used deozaan's link above. It wasn't fully clear when the security check was finished, and the extra storage took a while to show (was there within an hour though).

Midnight Rambler:
Thanks for the tip.

Stoic Joker:
Just completed the checkout, but Drive still shows 15gig... does it take a while before the extra gigs are added?
-f0dder (February 10, 2016, 07:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
Think so yes, mine showed 15GB right after as well, but today it says 17GB.
-Jibz (February 10, 2016, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

I ran through it this morning, got to where it said 15GB, and then realized I had no idea how big it was to start with - Probably because I never use it.. But I just checked again and the extra 2 are there now.

While going through the check (again), I noticed this message at the bottom of the you're all done now page at the end of the checkup:
To help celebrate Safer Internet Day 2016, we added 2 GB of free Drive storage to your Google account because you completed the Security Checkup.
--- End quote ---

So apparently it is automatic, but slow.

CWuestefeld:
To free up some space, a few days ago I went through my gmail and deleted several thousand messages. But the little statistics shown below the inbox (5.73 GB (30%) of 19 GB used) never changed - the space used never went down, even after deleting those thousands of messages. This makes me wonder if they ever really do delete old stuff. Maybe they keep it around for data mining purposes.

f0dder:
While going through the check (again), I noticed this message at the bottom of the you're all done now page at the end of the checkup:
To help celebrate Safer Internet Day 2016, we added 2 GB of free Drive storage to your Google account because you completed the Security Checkup.
--- End quote ---
So apparently it is automatic, but slow.
-Stoic Joker (February 10, 2016, 11:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I got that notification as well, but no extra gigs - they've been added now, so apparently it just takes some handfuls of minutes :)

Oh, and thanks for the tip, xtabber!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version