ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Facebook Page Image Downloader And Sharing Utility

(1/2) > >>

Asudem:
Facebook and I don't get along from a developing standpoint, and I was wondering if someone else might be able to crack this out much easier and more efficiently than I could.

I want a program which downloads all image posts from a public facebook page. Trick is, I don't only want the posted images, I want the ones shared by the page as well. While the program is open it will check for new posts and see if there is a new image posted or shared and downloads it once posted.

When the program starts, the facebook page is checked against a local database of already downloaded images and begins picking up where it left off.

The program should also double (why not) as an notification program, sharing the image (and maybe the texts too?) via eMail or MMS as updates to the page are made in somewhat real-time.

This would make a part of my life tremendously automated if someone were to help me get this working!

Asudem:
Okay, so I have a prototype working. I had to register the program with Facebook and get my keys and all that but I am successfully pulling photo data from a facebook page and downloading the images.

I also have the program sending out SMS text messages, however I need a new modem, which I ordered, to handle sending out MMS text messages.

This is a lot more fun than I expected. However, because it uses my personal auth_token to connect to Facebook, I can not distribute working source code. =(

Rockets:
Why dont you replace your auth_token with xxxx and upload your code?

Stoic Joker:
I also have the program sending out SMS text messages, however I need a new modem, which I ordered, to handle sending out MMS text messages.
-Asudem (February 11, 2016, 01:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

A modem?? You should be able to just Email those to the provider in question's message server: [email protected]. They usually have two different target addresses, one for plain text, and one for media stuff.

Deozaan:
Or use a service like Twilio which allows you to send SMS and other messages.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version