ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

malware or ? #1454789523

<< < (4/8) > >>

tomos:
I am beginning to suspect these are just arbitrary code numbers assigned by winpatrol to make me buy the pro version.
-holt (February 13, 2016, 02:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

that's not their style -- well it certainly hasn't been their style in the past. (I used their free version for years before eventually going for the paid version).

holt:
I'll take your word for it. I instructed winpatrol to disable itself from its own list of start on boot programs, and it 'proved it was a robot' by happily complying. Nice program, impressive, but none of my other defensive software is giving cryptic numerical warnings like that.

wraith808:
Did you ever contact them about it?

holt:
Did you ever contact them about it?
-wraith808 (February 13, 2016, 09:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
Affirmative. Several days ago.

mwb1100:
I am beginning to suspect these are just arbitrary code numbers assigned by winpatrol to make me buy the pro version.
-holt (February 13, 2016, 02:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'd think that it's more likely some crapware that randomizes something (filename, registry key, ???) to avoid being easy to detect/remove.  Can you post a screencap of the dialog box that WinPatrol displays (not the "PLUS Info" webpage)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version