ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

malware or ? #1454789523

<< < (3/8) > >>

cyberdiva:
Why not just write to [email protected] and ask?  I suppose you could refer to this page, just to let the current developer (no longer BillP) know that this issue is getting some attention.  That might provide some encouragement for him to reply quickly.

wraith808:
Why not just write to [email protected] and ask?  I suppose you could refer to this page, just to let the current developer (no longer BillP) know that this issue is getting some attention.  That might provide some encouragement for him to reply quickly.
-cyberdiva (February 08, 2016, 09:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

When I've had to contact him, he's responded just as quickly as Bill did.

tomos:
WinPatrol Plus doesnt have any info about this either -- they say they now have it on record because I searched for it (just in case they tell you there were enquiries!).
I would definitely contact them.

holt:
WinPatrol Plus doesnt have any info about this either -- they say they now have it on record because I searched for it (just in case they tell you there were enquiries!).
I would definitely contact them.
-tomos (February 09, 2016, 05:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
I emailed them yesterday; no word back yet, but I'll post here the instant I get a reply. :)

holt:
On my next to last boot, winpatrol no longer found 'new startup program' 1454789523, but one ending in ...1184. I rejected it and rebooted, and now it says it is number 1455351627, with 'company name not included in this program'. I am beginning to suspect these are just arbitrary code numbers assigned by winpatrol to make me buy the pro version. I have quite a few anti-virus and anti-pup programs installed, and none of them are finding anything remotely like this, and I'm not so sure if freeware winpatrol is worth the nag factor anymore.

On reboot, now winpatrol says it is program 1455358278.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version