ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

malware or ? #1454789523

(1/8) > >>

holt:
The following is a WinPatrol web page about a mystery number representing a program that asks permission to be added to the Start menu:

http://www.winpatrol.com/nonpluscloud.html?1454789523&0&0&0&0&0&1&0&0&0

KynloStephen66515:
Anybody want to click that link for me?  :huh:

tomos:
Anybody want to click that link for me?  :huh:
-Stephen66515 (February 06, 2016, 02:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, feeling brave...

[PLUS Info...] is one of the Bonus features of WinPatrol PLUS. Our Community Shield data is now available to make WinPatrol even more valuable.

We only want you to upgrade if you really like WinPatrol. You can also tell your friends that you found valuable free software without toolbars or other crapware.

Your support helps continue the development of WinPatrol allowing us to tell toolbar company's where to stick it when they offer us big bucks to install their crapware.

If you've been using WinPatrol Free version for years, we need you.  WinPatrol v32 has been hard work and this is a good time to upgrade to PLUS.
--- End quote ---

ehh ...
@Holt -- what was your problem?

holt:
It's a link to a WinPatrol web page for the mystery number; 1454789523; as such, I didn't believe it would cause a problem for anyone. Sorry.

tomos:
It's a link to a WinPatrol web page for the mystery number; 1454789523; as such, I didn't believe it would cause a problem for anyone. Sorry.
-holt (February 06, 2016, 03:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

ah, okay, no worries -- I guess you've got to be on Winpatrol Plus to see that page properly.
(FWIW I have it but not on this machine)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version