ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

In-Car Emergency Kit - Your Recommendations

<< < (6/7) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Stephen,
I think you'll need a bigger car ;)
-tomos (February 17, 2016, 05:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Looks like I'm going to need to go to: http://www.usedcoachsales.co.uk/ haha

MilesAhead:
So after looking at all these excellent recommendations, something like this looks like a good bet too (assuming your "in" includes "on")...

[ Invalid Attachment ]
-x16wda (February 17, 2016, 05:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Or perhaps a fold up electric bicycle? (With an inflatable bike in the saddlebag in case the electric bike breaks down.)   :Thmbsup:

ttlurker:
A few disposable latex (or non latex) gloves can keep your hands clean and dry if you need to fill oil, or other fluids.
If you need to change your tires, a pad for kneeling or a couple of the pads used by flooring installers to strap on to your knees can help.
Some sort of traction pad or a container of kitty litter can help you get unstuck from ice or muddy situations.

mouser:
A few disposable latex (or non latex) gloves can keep your hands clean and dry if you need to fill oil, or other fluids.
--- End quote ---

i'm a huge fan of the 100 pack disposable latex gloves.  use them all the time around the house, etc.

likewise, your suggestion about the kneeling pads is also a good tip in general when you have to work on your knees (though carrying one in the car has too much of a size-to-benefit ratio to be worth it for me).

Arizona Hot:
if we go out at 2am and end up in Scotland or Wales (this happens way more often than you would think)
-Stephen66515 (February 05, 2016, 06:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you start out in America and end up in Scotland, you have definitely gotten lost. If you start out in America and end up in China, who will believe you even if they can understand you. If you start out from home and later notice 2 moons in the sky, give up all hope of getting home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version