ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

In-Car Emergency Kit - Your Recommendations

<< < (4/7) > >>

holt:
A fluorescent orange sleeveless vest with reflective tape.

CWuestefeld:
Echoing some, and adding a few new items, this is everything that's currently in my wife's car, which we use for roadtrips:

* First aid kit is a necessity, including bandaids, analgesic, antihistamine (not just colds and allergies, but also helps motion sickness)
* LED flashlight
* Phone charger cable for cigarette lighter
* Little packs of cookies, peanut butter crackers, etc. (for when hypoglycemia makes you sleepy), a couple of water bottles
* Old-fashioned paper maps
* Space blankets, knife, cig lighters, little sewing kit like they have in some hotel rooms
* Fix-a-flat, and tire pressure gauge. Know where your jack and lug wrench are stowed, and how to use them!
* Battery for emergency start. Remember to recharge occasionally. Know where your battery lives.
* Jumper cables. As said before, make sure you've got heavy gauge, etc.
* Reflective triangle warning signs, reflective safety vest.
* Bungie cords, some rope or 550 cord.
* Dry gas (when water gets in the tank)
* Hand-held CB radio (for long trips - cell phones still don't work in the middle of nowhere)
* Hiking sticks, bug spray, ground cover ('cause you never know when you're gonna want to hike and have a picnic)
* Mouse poison (they're always getting into the car, and with those cookies and things...)
* Dehydrated water (just seeing if anybody's paying attention)

tomos:
Mouse poison (they're always getting into the car, and with those cookies and things...)
-CWuestefeld (February 08, 2016, 12:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
I usually keep something sweet in the car and was wondering lately about animals trying to get into it -- round here I'd guess the martens keep the mice at bay and either arent able to get into the car, or arent bothered (they more interested in chewing cables in my experience).

Dehydrated water (just seeing if anybody's paying attention)
-CWuestefeld (February 08, 2016, 12:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
just add water :-)

Stoic Joker:
I usually keep something sweet in the car and was wondering lately about animals trying to get into it...
-tomos (February 08, 2016, 12:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

For the past few years I keep finding frogs - like 5 or 6 at a time - in my truck. I really don't know why they're attracted to it ... Maybe because it's parked more often than not. But every time I get into it there's at least 1 or 2 of them in there.

mouser:
Make sure you have a window scraper in case your windshield ices over.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version