ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Sync Laptop & Desktop

<< < (7/9) > >>

Deozaan:
I had no idea about Dropbox leaking info.....
-keithy397 (February 05, 2016, 05:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you want to know more about that, just Google "Dropbox security breach" and/or check out the Privacy Concerns section on the Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dropbox_%28service%29

Deozaan:
Mega is updating its terms of service, one of the changes allows for termination of inactive/unreachable accounts:

Termination of free accounts for inactivity or failure to respond: MEGA provides one of the most generous free accounts around – 50 GB of user encrypted storage – for free! However, some users have become inactive and we are unable to contact them. We also need to make sure that we can contact all our users should we need to issue any notices. We’ve therefore instituted an option for MEGA to terminate inactive accounts or non-responsive accounts after 3 months. Rest assured, MEGA does not want to lose legitimate customers, so you will receive ample notice before we do this. It’s an important reason though to make sure the email address in your account details is up to date now and is kept up to date, otherwise you won’t get that notice. You can update your contact and login email address at https://mega.nz/#fm/account/profile.[/quote/
--- End quote ---

keithy397:
Mega is updating its terms of service, one of the changes allows for termination of inactive/unreachable accounts:

Termination of free accounts for inactivity or failure to respond: MEGA provides one of the most generous free accounts around – 50 GB of user encrypted storage – for free! However, some users have become inactive and we are unable to contact them. We also need to make sure that we can contact all our users should we need to issue any notices. We’ve therefore instituted an option for MEGA to terminate inactive accounts or non-responsive accounts after 3 months. Rest assured, MEGA does not want to lose legitimate customers, so you will receive ample notice before we do this. It’s an important reason though to make sure the email address in your account details is up to date now and is kept up to date, otherwise you won’t get that notice. You can update your contact and login email address at https://mega.nz/#fm/account/profile.[/quote/

--- End quote ---
Thanks Deozaan.

Since a few days ago I've stopped looking as I finally managed to sort out my home network and purchased an external hdd to manually backup my stuff via Syncback.  I think that serves my needs just fine being able to share info from Laptop to Desktop and doing the basic copy from one device to another if necessary.

I would like to thank all you guys for pitching in.  I picked up some invaluable info along the way.

Many thanks...-Deozaan (February 17, 2016, 08:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

sarwanov:
I didn't understand what are you looking for???

keithy397:
I wanted to be able to sync my Laptop and Desktop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version