ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Copy Being Discontinued as of May 1, 2016

<< < (2/2)

Daleus:
I'm pretty disappointed with this.  I thought this was going to be my final resting spot.  I have 30 GB of stuff stored up there and no idea where to go from here.

Isn't someone here at DC a big supported of SpiderOak?  I'd like to hear more about it, or other file sync services that people are using.  Are any of them worth the paid subscription?

Cheers!

Edvard:
Copy had the best Linux client besides DropBox, and a pretty generous initial space offering.  Shoulda seen this coming.  DropBox is pretty darn good, I just wish they offered more free space. 

As far as alternatives go, Box gave the most free space, but it doesn't have a Linux client, and though I can mount my Box account via webdav, it's just not the same as a nice app that can easily generate share links.  SpiderOak is nice for the encryption it offers, but good grief is it ever slow... Owncloud and Seafile are nice and certainly have their place (I have both on a spare box I also use for serving Minecraft and Teeworlds), but I don't keep my server on 24/7, so a personal cloud is not really a viable alternative.

Sigh.  One more down...

Deozaan:
For what it's worth, Dropbox fits my needs most of the time, but every time I use Mega I become more and more impressed with it. It also has mobile apps (iOS/Android) and desktop clients for Windows, OSX, and Linux, as well as browser extensions. And the 50GB of storage is nice, too.

tomos:
... every time I use Mega I become more and more impressed with it. It also has mobile apps (iOS/Android) and desktop clients for Windows, OSX, and Linux, as well as browser extensions. And the 50GB of storage is nice, too.
-Deozaan (February 04, 2016, 10:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I cross-quoted that here -- if you have any experience with sync between devices via Mega do let us know :up:

Deozaan:
I cross-quoted that here -- if you have any experience with sync between devices via Mega do let us know :up:-tomos (February 05, 2016, 12:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Done. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version