ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Comment Explorer 2.5.0.4

<< < (17/17)

tomos:
It was the hotkey combo. ... I ... checked assignments using Ethervane ActiveHotkeys (might be an old version...)
-AzureToad (January 27, 2016, 10:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's not guaranteed to find all used Hotkeys. Apparently some arent registered or something, and show as free even though they aren't. (To clarify: I dont believe it's a flaw of ActiveHotkeys as such, more one of 'the system'.)

MilesAhead:
It was the hotkey combo. ... I ... checked assignments using Ethervane ActiveHotkeys (might be an old version...)
-AzureToad (January 27, 2016, 10:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's not guaranteed to find all used Hotkeys. Apparently some arent registered or something, and show as free even though they aren't. (To clarify: I dont believe it's a flaw of ActiveHotkeys as such, more one of 'the system'.)

-tomos (January 28, 2016, 07:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Also I think by default AutoHotkey hooks the keyboard and checks the active windows for #IfWinActive type declarations and lets the keys pass if the window is not active or whatnot.  So it would be just about impossible for a utility to detect all the hotkey settings.  My program is a bit of a kludge but it is one way to go if you like using Explorer as file manager and don't want to set up an explicit comment file with a note Tree type program.  I admit it is just a hack.  But Windows does make it tough to do much better without writing your own file manager.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version