ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

Post your Linux/FOSS humor here.

<< < (2/2)

TaoPhoenix:

Oh gawd Edvard, that's damn scary...

"Phoenix vs Linux round four"

This month I'm drifting into trouble but here goes...

Despite the easy jokes, Windows OS has worked for me. But since my main rig keeled over without even allowing Safe Mode, well, I'm cashing in a coupon from Dad to get a new comp. (Multi B-Day and X-Mas all mashed together).

So I no longer have either of the boxes that led to my bad experiences, plus time has this way of passing, so I might be able to do some kind of wild triple-boot with my new rig.

Now I get to go back to what I avoided for x years, the wild questions of distro and version and ... stuff.

But look! It's brand new hardware, it's 2016 and neither 2006 or 2009, and Things!

sword:
I might be able to do some kind of wild triple-boot with my new rig. Now I get to go back to what I avoided for x years, the wild questions of distro and version and ... stuff. -TaoPhoenix (January 01, 2016, 04:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
Why complicate things? I suggest you save your money and get a basic box with no hard drive and external USB for everything. A reasonably good motherboard like an ASUS AMD and a fair processor like an AM3+ and about 16 GB RAM should set you back about $275.00 and you can work with anything in RAM from DVD or USB. Lots of help is available, depending on what you want to do. Check out live distributions on distrowatch.com and the KaOS approach is great.

Edvard:
I want this in a patch!

Join today!
http://pipegrep.sh/#

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version