ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Brave: A new browser with built-in adblock and payment solutions

<< < (13/23) > >>

dantheman:
Have un-installed Brave all-together (on Android too).

Bookmark+Password import was ineffective.

Even Vivaldi (who aren't as well funded) do a better job at both!   :-*

wraith808:
Have un-installed Brave all-together (on Android too).

Bookmark+Password import was ineffective.

Even Vivaldi (who aren't as well funded) do a better job at both!   :-*
-dantheman (October 17, 2019, 08:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've never really noticed that because I don't use browser bookmarks heavily.  What problem did you have?  Mine appear to be imported fine from what little I use them.  You can report it at the git repo if you're so inclined.  But whatever works!

dantheman:
Thanks Wraith808 - would have never known about that.  :up:

Had posted on their forum but it's lost in the wind.

wraith808:
Thanks Wraith808 - would have never known about that.  :up:

Had posted on their forum but it's lost in the wind.

-dantheman (October 17, 2019, 07:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

It seems that they pay more attention to issues on the git repo than the community.  I've had that experience also. 

Deozaan:
I don't know how long this has been here, but I just noticed a "Crypto Wallets" tab along the top of the screen while taking a look at my Brave Rewards.

It looks like Brave now has what is essentially Metamask built-in and integrated with the browser. It's primarily an Ethereum wallet that allows you to interact with decentralized apps (dApps) on the Ethereum blockchain from within your browser. And you may recall that BAT is a token running on Ethereum.

Combined with the fact that you can now withdraw your BAT from the browser-managed Rewards wallet, it looks like you can finally take control of your own BAT and either use it to either tip or pay creators, or cash it out for your own use elsewhere.

This is starting to sound a whole lot like the DonationCredits system we've been using for around a decade on this site, except it's spreading to work all over the internet. I wonder if it's possible and how hard it would be to get DC set up to send and receive BAT tips to individual users, much like Brave has support for individual accounts on Twitter, GitHub, or YouTube to be tipped. :D :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version