ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Brave: A new browser with built-in adblock and payment solutions

<< < (8/23) > >>

Deozaan:
Brave just launched their Brave Ads, so now you can get paid in BAT for watching Ads which respect your time and your privacy.

Starting today [April 24, 2019], users of Brave’s latest release of the desktop browser for macOS, Windows, and Linux can choose to view privacy-preserving Brave Ads by opting into Brave Rewards. These users will receive 70% of the ad revenue share as a reward for their attention, which they can auto-contribute to publishers under default settings. Brave’s platform is a new path toward a better Internet, where users can browse the web, earn rewards, and support their favorite content creators while preserving their privacy.

[...]

[Brave Ads are] Opt-in: Users who choose to see Brave Ads are presented with offers in the form of notifications as they browse the web, at a time that the browser finds appropriate and not disruptive. When users click to engage with these notifications, they’re presented with a full page ad in a new ad tab. Users can also customize how many ads they would like to see.

[...]

Brave Ads are launching today in the U.S., Canada, France, Germany, and the U.K. More geographies will be available soon. Brave Ads will be integrated in Brave’s Android and iOS apps in the coming months.
-https://brave.com/brave-ads-launch/
--- End quote ---

EDIT: I was given the opportunity to view an ad for the first time about 10 minutes ago. Now the Brave Rewards dashboard shows my estimated earnings at 0.05 BAT (~$0.02 USD). I'm gonna be so rich!  :P

Deozaan:
In the ~2 weeks since enabling Brave Ads on my browser, I've clicked to see about 100 ads, earning me 5 BAT (~$2). This month, those 5 BAT will be designated to be contributed to various websites and YouTube creators' channels I visit, based on how much time I spend at each site.

If mouser would hurry up and verify DonationCoder to receive BAT contributions then this site would be the first of all the sites I've visited so far to be verified and actually receive the contributions designated for them. Otherwise they stay in my wallet. Or, in the case of the free BAT grant I received, the funds expire from my wallt and are given back to Brave to give out as grants to other Brave users.

Publishers must verify ownership of their properties with Brave in order to receive contributions from Brave users. If a publisher has not verified ownership, then a user’s contributions will be held in reserve inside the browser for 90 days. The browser routinely updates an internal list of all verified publishers to determine whether a property can receive contributions. At the end of the 90 day period, any contributions marked for unverified publishers will be released back to the wallet. No funds leave the browser except to go to verified creators.
-https://brave.com/faq/#unclaimed-funds
--- End quote ---

wraith808:
Yeah, I have DC set to get the auto donations, but it's unverified as you said.

mouser:
Ok let me see..

mouser:
I have verified a DonationCoder page for Brave Rewards.  Should look something like this once it is updated:
Brave: A new browser with built-in adblock and payment solutions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version