ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Dice analyzer machine project

<< < (13/19) > >>

mouser:
Sample graph from the program.

NOTE: This data is not real, i don't have automated roller working yet.  I hope to have automated rolling working in next 10 days.

The red lines you see show where the data for a fair die should lie with 95% confidence.

If these were real results, this die could be confidently labeled as NOT fair.

mouser:
A real report from real rolls:
Dice analyzer machine project

This die looks like 5s come up more than they should (and 1s less)..

tomos:
Image looks great :)

In the image, what exactly does 'red is 0.95 confidence int. for fair die' mean?
Does it mean that within the range of the red lines in the bar-chart means you have 95% 'confidence' in the results?

Damn, I see you already answered that in your previous post. So, this die is not fair, due to the results for 5 being too high (took me a while to figure that out :-[ )

mouser:
In the image, what exactly does 'red is 0.95 confidence int. for fair die' mean
--- End quote ---

What is means is that if you repeated this experiment over and over with a perfectly fair die, rolling this many times, you would expect the counts to fall within those red bars, 95 times you ran the experiment out of 100.

tomos:
What is means is that if you repeated this experiment over and over with a perfectly fair die, rolling this many times, you would expect the counts to fall within those red bars, 95 times you ran the experiment out of 100.
-mouser (February 20, 2016, 05:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks, I had missed your previous post (edited post to reflect that).
This is very impressive :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version